Sunday, October 9, 2016

ADVE N T U R E





Through my word adventure, I wanted to explore the different values of the shadows. I accomplished this by using three of my different B pencils. For the lighter shadows, I used the 2B pencil, for the medium shadows, I used the 4B pencil, and for the darkest shadows, I used my 6B pencil.  What surprised me the most about this drawing was how some of the shadows and letters could overlap and blend into each other. The most difficult challenge I had to face had to be the thickness of my letters. Some of the letters were very thin and I had to keep adjusting my viewpoint or the light to get a decent shadow. I learned that I do not need to always draw a line to imply that there is a line there.  One of my favorite things about this piece are the unintentional folds and crinkles in the paper add to the sense of the word.

1 comment:

  1. In this case i can agree with you about the wrinkles. Own Them!

    ReplyDelete